Neurology Community

Weird Symptoms

About 10 years ago I had a very strange episode. My head got very tingly like thousands of needles stabbing me at the top of my head. I also got a weird metallic taste in my mouth and strange thoughts went through my head. This only lasted about 20 seconds and when it was over I could not remember what the thoughts were that went through my head. I almost felt a little confused although I knew where I was and what I was doing.

Well about 3 years ago I started having the same symptoms but they came more frequently like one every other month or so. I have noticed that after one of these episodes I have trouble remembering certain thing for about a minute or so like my kids names but I can clearly remember remember other things. The only part of my body that seems to be affected is the top of my head, I don't black out and I have no trouble speaking or hearing after the event. I had an brain mri and it was normal except for some nonspecific white matter findings.

I asked my Dr. about if it were possible TIA's but he did not tink so because of the amount of episodes and the fact I have no stroke risks physically or genetically. My mother has MS and my grandfather had Alzheimers. I am seeing a Neurologist this week. Has anyone ever had this?