Neurology Community
45k Members

Weird symptoms after stroke

In early December, I wiped my eyes with a towel and felt a sharp pain behind my right eye.  I could only see thru what i describe as a snowflake.  I went  to the ER and my eye exam was good and my CT scan showed a hugh sinus infection so they sent me home on a high dose of prednisone and augmentin.  The next day zi felt light headed and my left arm felt dead and then it would hardly work when I was in the shower.  About 15 minuted later a had a very strange feeling so I stood up and my whole left side was not working.  I was walking like I had epilepsy or something.  This only lasted about 5 minutes or so.  I was  admitted into the hospital that day and had an MRI the next day which showed a very small spot in the right side of my brain in the back of my head.  My heart and cartoid arteries checked out ok and so after 2 days they sent me home.  Ever since this happened, I have not felt right.  I did have sinus surgery in January and it is now March and was just put back on prednisone and antibiotics because my sinuses are still inflammed.  I get numbnes and tingling not only in the lefgt side but the right side as well. My face also tingles and goes numb too but that has been happening for a couple of years. I often feel dizzy and have alot of new eye floaters.  I have had 2 more MRIs and they show nothing new.  My hands fall asleep and sometimes my pinky finger on the right side gets really hot.  Everyone thinks I am having anxiety and are causing these symptoms myself but I have never had anxiety befoe and dont think u can cause these types of symptoms.  Now the neurologist isnt sure if I had a stroke or a migraine, which I have neer been diagnosed with before.  I am only 32 years old.  I feel like nobody  is listening to me.  I was put on zoloft for 3 days but I could not function on it.  After i stopped taking that I started to feel better.  I went for a 2 mile walk the other day and noticed that my left leg felt like I was limping.  Ever since then these symptoms have gotten worse.  I just slept for like 12 hours.  Do you think this could be MS?  Can anxiety cause these symptoms?  I was also diagnoses with factor 5 and positive ana strain.  the final lupus panel was negative. Do u have any other ideas of what this could be?  I appreciate any answer.
I should have mentioned that I am female.  I have been hypothyroid for 9 years and medicated for that.  I aslo shake on the left side and get tremors.