Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45k Members

Weird symptoms after stroke

In early December, I wiped my eyes with a towel and felt a sharp pain behind my right eye.  I could only see thru what i describe as a snowflake.  I went  to the ER and my eye exam was good and my CT scan showed a hugh sinus infection so they sent me home on a high dose of prednisone and augmentin.  The next day zi felt light headed and my left arm felt dead and then it would hardly work when I was in the shower.  About 15 minuted later a had a very strange feeling so I stood up and my whole left side was not working.  I was walking like I had epilepsy or something.  This only lasted about 5 minutes or so.  I was  admitted into the hospital that day and had an MRI the next day which showed a very small spot in the right side of my brain in the back of my head.  My heart and cartoid arteries checked out ok and so after 2 days they sent me home.  Ever since this happened, I have not felt right.  I did have sinus surgery in January and it is now March and was just put back on prednisone and antibiotics because my sinuses are still inflammed.  I get numbnes and tingling not only in the lefgt side but the right side as well. My face also tingles and goes numb too but that has been happening for a couple of years. I often feel dizzy and have alot of new eye floaters.  I have had 2 more MRIs and they show nothing new.  My hands fall asleep and sometimes my pinky finger on the right side gets really hot.  Everyone thinks I am having anxiety and are causing these symptoms myself but I have never had anxiety befoe and dont think u can cause these types of symptoms.  Now the neurologist isnt sure if I had a stroke or a migraine, which I have neer been diagnosed with before.  I am only 32 years old.  I feel like nobody  is listening to me.  I was put on zoloft for 3 days but I could not function on it.  After i stopped taking that I started to feel better.  I went for a 2 mile walk the other day and noticed that my left leg felt like I was limping.  Ever since then these symptoms have gotten worse.  I just slept for like 12 hours.  Do you think this could be MS?  Can anxiety cause these symptoms?  I was also diagnoses with factor 5 and positive ana strain.  the final lupus panel was negative. Do u have any other ideas of what this could be?  I appreciate any answer.
1 Responses
I should have mentioned that I am female.  I have been hypothyroid for 9 years and medicated for that.  I aslo shake on the left side and get tremors.
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483811956
ON
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease