What is this sensation?

I’ve had a few episodes lately of a peculiar sensation in my head.  I’m afraid I really don’t know how to explain it properly, but I’ll do the best I can.  

Basically, it starts with a tingling feeling in the back of my head.  It feels like shock waves are spreading through my brain, emanating from the back, causing intense dizziness.  I feel faint, and my head droops, as if I’ve lost the ability to keep myself upright.  I feel very groggy, and can’t quite think straight for a few moments after the dizziness passes.  And then it all passes and I feel completely fine, in the space of about ten seconds.  

It’s happened four times.  I was not tired when it happened, and had only been awake for a few hours.  Each time I was sitting – once while I was watching TV, once while I was using the computer, once while I was eating dinner, and once while I was on the toilet.

Can someone please tell me what it is?