Aa
A
A
Close

Where to go from here?

I recently had an MRI because I have been experiencing symptoms of vertigo with visual disturbances, frequent headaches, shortness of breath, etc.  The brain MRI showed a cyst anterior to the right masseter and mandibular condyle, as well as increased signal around the basilar tip.

What do these mean, and what type of doctor should I be seeing to follow up on these findings?  Could they be the cause of my symptoms?  I have only been able to find very limited information so far.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Thanks for writing in.
Yes it is possible that the cyst near the mandibular condyle can cause visual disturbances and vertigo and headaches but not shortness of breath. You can also discuss the possibility of anemia with your doctor.
For the cyst near the mandibular condyle please consult your dentist. Take care!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thank you for responding so quickly - very much appreciated.  The SOB I believe is due to a syrinx that was found on my cervical spine MRI.

However, I just have one more question.  What does "increased activity signal around the basilar tip" mean?  Is it anything I should be concerned about?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Neurology Community Resources
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483811956
Blank