Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45.1k Members

Why are both my arms weak and some pain in my right jaw?

So two mths ago I end up in the hospital because I woke up in a lot of pain in my abdomen.  After a cat scan the ER doctor said it is probably ulcerative collitis.  He gave me two antibiotics to take and I felt somewhat better after ten days.  This was at the time I lost my job and I do notice stress triggers these flare ups and since then I have had more episodes every few weeks but not as bad.  Another doctor recommended a colonoscopy because he thought it could be something worse.  Nothing came up so he figured just a very bad bacterial infection.  I start new antibiotics tomorrow.  But what is really bothing me now is that the past two weeks my arms are very weak (every day - all day long) and it hurts when I try to lift something.  I am also feeling some pain in my lower right jaw.  Any idea what is going on with me?  Should I see a neurologist?
1 Responses
7721494 tn?1431631564
Not yet. Report your symptoms to your GI doc. You may be experiencing a side effect of your medication.
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483811956
ON
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease