Neurology Community

Young-onset MSA

Hi, how rare it would be to get MSA at the age of 31? My symptoms line up with it to a frightening degree:

—Orthostatic hypotension, often to the extent of not being able to see
—Jerky, erratic tremors in both hands and feet of the minipolymyoclonus variety (rather than pill rolling)
—Bilateral onset, though worse on left side
—Stiffness in both shoulders/arms and now in left hamstring/calf.
—Involuntary spasms of arms, legs, feet, hands, jaw and occasionally trunk when falling asleep. The spasms happen repeatedly and make sleep really difficult. I'm also pretty sure of PLMD, and have woken up performing acts from dreams.

From what I've read MSA is rare in people under 40 but not unheard of. How rare would it be for me to have this? Incidentally I had a pretty acute exposure to Pyrethroid pesticides for about 3 months 4 years ago, which adds to my concern. The neurologist did a very basic exam and didn't see anything, also an MRI came back normal. I have an appointment with a Movement Disorder Specialist in 3 weeks but the waiting is proving really difficult. I'm pretty certain at this point that I won't live to see 40.