Neurology Community

adrenalin in my head just as I go to sleep

i have been having these rushes of adrenalin in my head just as I go to sleep. Just came off Zolpidem but still on Amitriptyline. It used to be I couldnt get tired. Now I get tired but cant get to sleep due to this sensation. It kept me awake until 6am last night and when I did sleep, I contently woke up light-headed.
I just read this about Endep:
More common side effects include dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue and delirium... and in rare cases, seizure.

Could the reason I am having these strange feeling and light-headedness be because the the Zolpidem which put me to sleep be out of the equation? I did feel the light headed feeling when I was also on Zolpidem but the Zolpidem did put me out to sleep.