Neurology Community

alzhiemers disease and mini strokes

My father was diagnosed with alzhiemers disease at 63, Feb. of last year. He declined so quickly that he went into a nursing home in April of last year (2007). Last month he a had a seizure which lasted about 30 sec with no apparently no lasting side affects, then last week a mini stroke. My question is, are the mini strokes a side affect of his alzhiemers disease and will they keep happening or go to full blown strokes?
Hello.

Alzheimer's disease does not lead to stroke. Stroke is a vascular phenomenon. Was an MRI of the brain done? What assessments (especially neuropsychological tests) were done to diagnose Alzheimer's disease?

The seizure and mini strokes are not related to AD.

Regards