Neurology Community

arms and legs pain and hair loose

I'm in constant pain in both legs and both arms but specially the left arm.  I noticed that I lost all the hair in legs and arms and also in the underarm.  During the night the pain is so strong that it wake me up and my hands and fingers are tingling and "asleep".  It's being like this for few years.  I have been dignosed with fybromialgia and neurophaty.  Is this normal?

Well, no, it's not normal to have Peripheral Neuropathy and Fibromyalgia.
They are indicators of an underlying illness.  In my case, the fibromyalgia was triggered by Lyme Disease, and I'm developing some symptoms of neuropathy.

Here is some information about supplements that can help Peripheral Neuropathy.
Full text at:     http://www.atdn.org/simple/neurop.html

Peripheral neuropathy is a condition caused by damage to the nerves in the peripheral nervous system.
The peripheral nervous system includes nerves that run from the brain and spinal cord to the rest of the body.

Peripheral neuropathy is usually felt at first as tingling and numbness in the hands and feet.
Neuropathy can be caused by vitamin deficiencies, diabetes, HIV, or a side effect of drugs.

For night -time pain relief, Neurontin can be combined with topical pain relievers such as Lidocaine ointment and the Lidoderm patch.
Capsaicin, available over the counter as Capzasin-P and Capzasin-HP, is another option for topical pain relief.
(Topical means applied to the skin.)

Try taking a multivitamin with vitamin E in it, and a B complex to help with symptoms of peripheral neuropathy.
Other supplements that have shown some effect on neuropathy include
magnesium,
alpha-lipoic acid (also known as thioctic acid) and
gamma linolenic acid (GLA).

You can google for   neuropathy, supplements,   to find more information.
Wishing you the best,
Carol