Neurology Community
45k Members

brain damage

Since taking Prozac almost steady since 1989, I have been able to live an active life. A few years ago I told a neurologist  I had "spells where everything just stops" lasting for only an instant. He increased my prozac double from what I had always used. About five years ago I experienced a time where I could hardly walk. After visits to several doctors, MRI's were done, without dye and with dye. My brain showed significant changes. I was tested for meningitis. More MRI's. A second nuerologist ordered another MRI. Nothing could be determined. I partially recovered but am not normal. I was told I had healed myself. After reading about other people's experience concerning the "explosions" in your head, I know I am having the same thing. My question is "How can I learn more about the effects of Prozac on the brain?" I have quit Prozac as of about a week ago. Seem to be feeling better a little at a time. Thanks for your response.  Hank 99    

This discussion is related to Brain Damage from Psychiatric Meds?.