Neurology Community
45k Members

cervical nerve block for RSD

On behalf of my Mom who fell in January, obtaining a compound-open fracture of her arm, now diagnosed with RSD...
Surgery went fine, still limited ROM, unable to grasp. Received a "cervical nerve block" today for persistent pain - I apologize for the quotes, unaware of the exact procedure as she is in Minnesota and I am in NY (and she's a poor historian) --- Question: Why can't she talk? She has laryngitis-voice and croaked over the phone: It feels like my throat is closed. I'm a bit concerned, seeking more info from family out there, HELP!
(from gpihlaja - NEWBIE!)

And, is RSD a common diagnosis s/p fall?
It is possible that her RSD has spread to her throat area and is in a flare up causing her throat to swell. Have her consult a doctor.