Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45k Members

concerned about eye damage

My fiance was hit in the eye at work and went blind for about 6 months , now she can see , after that she had a very small stroke after test said there was very little bleeding in the brain that she would recover , well she is now paralyzed from the waist down and her left arm so my question is could all of this have been caused from trauma to her eye.... And if you could point me in the right direction to the right forum so I maybe can re-post this there...
                                      Thanks  
5 Responses
Hi,

It is difficult to give an opinion without knowing the complete medical history and results of neurological exam.
There is a chance that she may have sustained another stroke after the first one. I would suggest you to get her complete neurological evaluation done along with tests like MRI and CT scan of brain.

Let us know if you have more questions.
is there another way to chat with you outside of posting I am new here I can give you a quick history if you think that it might help...
                                           Thanks again
Hi,

I am sorry that is not possible. You can post her brief medical history if possible on this forum and I will try to answer as promptly as I can.

Thanks
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you , in a short here it is

she has protein S blood disorder
has high blood pressure ( just found out couple months ago)
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you , in a short here it is

she has protein S blood disorder
has high cholesterol  ( just found out couple months ago)
had a mini stroke in 07  .... that is when we found out about protein s disorder
and in 06 she was hit in the eye and went blind for a few months now vision is better than before.
and yes she smokes, find that one of the most asked questions ,
no alcohol
                       think that is it , hope this helps

I totally understand about what I asked in the previous post
                            if I would have thought before I asked , I should of know better  
                             than to ask....
                                        thanks again for your replies

Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483811956
ON
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease