Neurology Community
45k Members

crackling/popping feeling in neck (brain stem?) with hunger pangs

Why do I feel a crackling/popping feeling in my upper neck (brain stem?) with hunger pangs upon awakening in the morning? I've had this for as long as I can remember, but it's gotten stronger as I've gotten older. I've asked my primary care doctor, my chiropractor, and an endocrinologist, but no one has had a answer for me. Is this normal? Should I be seen by a neurologist?
I dont know about your hunger pangs but I to have crackling and popping in my neck. I went to a neuroglist ,had an MRI and Xrays and it turns out I have spondylosis of the cervical spine/ neck another word for it is Osteoarthritis which is causing crackling and popping with discomfort along with a cyst too. Maybe go to a neuroglist to get a MRI so he/she can check out what is going on in your body. Good luck