daughter aged 10 not able to walk

my daughter was diagnosed cyst in spinal cord from c7 to t2 and was operated in the same year 2002.she cannot walk but she used  to waik till we got to know about her disease.her cyst was removed in SIR GANGA RAM HOSPITAL,NEW DELHI,INDIA.she is studying in grade 5 and a good student.I want to know is there any thing by which she can walk.please tell me

This discussion is related to Severe Pain from Spinal Cord Cyst C-7 thru T-2.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It is really sad that the child has to undergo so much suffering .There could have been a trauma or nerve damage during the cyst removal surgery or spinal anaesthesia . The nerve may take some time to regenerate . Till then , please put her on physiotherapy . Give her a diet rich in calcium , protein , multivitamins , multiminerals . You can give her Capsule Renerve 1 daily for 6 months . Please consult the doctor who operated on her regarding the complication . Please go for EMG and nerve conduction studies to find out the condition of nerves and muscles . Hope this helps you . Take care and regards !

Helpful - 0
Hi, i don't really know anything about this, but i would just like to say i'm so sorry about your daughter, she's so young and innocent, she did not deserve that! Have her doctors talked to you guys about rehab? Like surely they can atleast try an build her muscle strength and use some walking aids to get her on her feet?

Best of luck to your little one, hope she gets better soon.

Sammy xx
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community