drop foot

I have just gotten drop foot in the last month and also had a discetomy of L4 and L5. I am wondering how long will I be like this? Before the foot dropped Ihad a pain that ran from my knee to my ankle I didnt get much sleep during the night because of the pain. I was working extremely hard and for nearly 12 hours a day most days.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0

It s important to know if, the foot drop happened before or after surgery. Also were you working 12 hrs after the back surgery? Please clarify.
Damage to the L5 nerve during lumbar discectomy can result in foot drop. I would suggest you to get a clinical exam done by your treating surgeon at your earliest.

You need to strech the tendons in your leg.  If I don't, my knee hurts then it goes to my ankles     .stretch....stretch,  stretch
Do not put off getting properly diagnosed. Have an EMG test done immediately! That way, you will know where and what nerve is damaged. Then, you can go from there. I use NMES Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation Unit to try to wake up my muscles. Good luck to you!