Neurology Community

foggy eye?

my eye fogs over up to 3 times a day leaving me blind in one eye for anywhere from 30 mins to 8 hrs..i was told it was a ocular migraine buti dont ever get any pain with it and no medication has helped and it just seems to be getting worse ..i"ve tried changeing my diet resting when it happends ect.. and nothing works..i cant drive or work its really affecting my life...please help me understand whats going on
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms or suggest management plan. Possible causes of the symptoms that may need to be considered include glaucoma, cataract, TIA, amaurosis, ocular migraine etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an ophthalmologist initially for a detailed evaluation and if required a neurological consult may be sought if ophthalmic causes are ruled out. After a specific cause is identified, a management plan can be initiated accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!