Neurology Community

footdrop

I have developed footdrop after a laminectomy approximately a year ago and as a result I have atrophy  . My physical therapist tells me that the only way I can rebuild the muscle in my leg is with a E-Stem unit. Any other suggestions?
Hi there,
Since the cause of your foot drop was iatrogenic that is it was caused due to the surgical procedure or as a consequence of the procedure, it would say that the best modality of treatment would still be E stimulation and regular exercise. This would not on help in getting back the lost strength but also in preventing any further wasting or atrophy of the muscles.
Please do if you have any further queries do get in touch with me.
Regards,
Dr Sylvester