Neurology Community

head pain/twitch

well.. i am 13 and for a few years now i've been having bad neck twitches. it is usually in the right side of my head but sometimes in the left too. i have done some research but nothing seems to fit it. it starts with a twitch to the left side ( my heads twitches left) then pain will shoot through my neck.. sometimes leading to laying down and crying. i have to hold it but it seems like if i touch the spot it would get worse. it feels almost like a burning feeling (it gets to like its hot) then it will last for a few seconds or even a minute then all of a sudden ill be fine. It is only in my upper neck (when it happens i feel numb) its located like a few inches behind my ear right under ( or at the bottom) my skull (back of head.)
it is hard to explain but this is the best i can do. can someone please tell me what i have or what it is. (forgot to say - it has gotten more frequent) please help!
As a 13 year old, I encourage you to talk to your mom and dad about this. good luck