Neurology Community

head pressure when laughing

I am 19 years old, and have had no traumatic head injuries. Throughout the last five years I have experienced sudden, sharp moments of pain at the base of my head, posterior. No warning, just a few seconds of extreme pain. In the past two years I have been experiencing extreme pain after laughing for a few seconds. The pain is so intense because of increased pressure in my skull and metaphorically, I want to pull my head off.  I feel like I'm losing consciousness so I  lay on the ground and try to breath normally. I even have to cut my laughs short to try and avoid the pain. It's scary. I'm worried that nobody will take me seriously. I don't regularly see my doctor because I'm usually pretty healthy. I've gained a little weight in college, but nothing too serious. I just want some answers and relief.
I would be grateful for any ideas!
Thanks!
Sorry sir, it's time to see a doctor. I am not saying this to scare you, I don't know what you have, but, I know those symptoms are reasons to see a doctor. If, and I mean IF, it was something serious, you want to catch it as soon as possible. The sooner you catch almost anything medical, the better. You could be fine, but better to be safe than sorry.