Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45.1k Members

head shaking--have no idea what it is

My head currently shakes quite frequently but not all the time. This is my third episode of this over about 10 years or so. The first time I had it, I did get it checked out with a neurologist and the EEG showed nothing abnormal. Plus, I was experiencing A LOT of stress at work. The first and second times I had it, it eventually went away. This time, it's lasted for at least 5 months now. It is particularly bad when I lie on left side and when I meditate. I had a facial this past weekend, was lying on my back, and when the person was massaging my legs and arms in between, no shaking. When she'd actually massage my face, no shaking, but when she would stop massaging and was preparing the next part of my facial, my head would shake uncontrollably. It's as if my mind is focused on something else, it doesn't shake as much, if at all, but if I think about my head shaking, it is out of control. I don't feel stressed out, eat healthfully, exercise every day, meditate every day. Oh, I do have tinnitus in my right ear, left over from full blown Meniere's Disease. Could this be contributing to it? Suggestions?  Thank you, Laura  
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease