headache with eye pain and light sensitivity

I have been having extreme light sensitivity, eye pain and dry eyes with head pain/ migraines for 15 days. I have had an MRI which was normal, and I went to an opthamologist who said my vision was fine. I am still having constant pain and it even hurts to close my eyes to try to sleep at night. It feels like my eye sockets have pressure when I try to lay down and it feels very uncomfortable. I have constant pain in my temples and the front of my head and back of my neck into my head. I can not get any answers on how to find relief or what is causing it. Please help....

This discussion is related to Neck Pressure with Visual Disturbances.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Really sorry to hear about your problem , It really does sound like severe migraine . It can last a long time if not treated because I think your blood vessels can become inflammed . I suffer from this too but find sumatriptan is the only thing that touches it . Have you been prescribed anything ?
I dont think people realise how debillitating migraine is , in the past I have felt quite suicidal when the pain etc has gone on for days . You c ould also try an ice pack on your neck and forehead , a pack of frozen peas will do! That along with sumatriptan and a couple of cocodamol may help .