Neurology Community
45k Members

hip lock

I recently had an x ray done on my right hip and they think there is a clip left behind from a previous surgery in there. I have been getting the pain for 2 years now and it was only when I sit on the floor for more than 5 min. but now it's getting worse, I get the same pain and stiffness if i sit in a chair for a long period of time and walk and stand for a long time. I dont know what can be done for this and I am not getting any answers from my providers yet.
Dear Jayluv, welcome to the medhelp forum. Your pain could be associated with the clip left during the previous hip surgery. This would need re exploration of the joint possibly. An old clip left would now have become impacted and exploring would cause significant blood loss. There may be early osteoarthritis changes in the joint causing pain and stiffness. Painkillers may help; intraarticular injection of steroids may be tried. Consult an orthopaedician, preferably the same surgeon who did the previous surgery. Hope this helps. You are welcome to seek any further clarifications. Take care.