Neurology Community
45k Members

horse accident

Hi I had a terrible accident a few years ago.A horse stepped on my upper leg full force,it missed the bone,but tore all the tissue.I never had the rest checked out.My question is could that have damaged the motor neuron,and if so what would happen?And like I said in another post i'm having tremors,muscle weakness,nerve pain ect. Thank you
Hi!

If you have nerve pain, tremors and muscle weakness, in the area trampled by the horse leg, then yes, there could be a nerve injury that has not healed completely. Often this may take years and sometimes it may not improve at all. You may need nerve conduction and EMG studies to find the extent of injury. Some improvement may be achieved by physiotherapy, vitamin B12 supplementation and exercising. Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you very much,you were a big help.