Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45.2k Members

impaired upper right vision / Tingling all over

I have tingling and numbness over my whole body from my neck down.  It started 8 days ago in my right hand, then went into my left hand the next day, then to my feet, then my legs and torso.  The lack of tactile sensation never improves.  I also have impairment in the upper right quadrant of my field of vision.

My blood work came back fine on all levels including B vitamins.

I had a cardiac stress test and it went fine as well although I am having a CT scan next week just to be sure.

I had a brain MRI today and have a copy but my nerolgist was not working this afternoon.  I hope to hear something tomorrow...

I know it could be MS but what other possibilities are there?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

1 Responses
Hi,

There can be many causes responsible for your current symptoms. Stroke or TIA can cause tingling numbness and loss of vision.
Other causes include MS, diabetes, migraine headaches, herniated discs and electrolyte imbalance.
The exact cause can be identified by detailed medical history, clinical examination and tests like MRI.
Hope this helps!

Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease