Neurology Community
45k Members

improvement treatment for stroke dammage

does this site review drug or therapy treatment to minimise dammage
Thank you for your question. I can understand your worrying concern about post-stroke recovery. Unfortunately, rehabilitation is the only effective way to help the patient regain function to the possible extent and prevent from permanent losses. If rehabilitation program is appropriately instituted, most of the stroke patients can regain maximum functions with appropriate therapy, training and support services. For coordinated rehabilitation program a team of a neurologist, a physiotherapist, an occupational therapist and a speech-language pathologist, a nutritionist work together to help you in your recovery. Therefore, I would suggest following the suggestion made by them and recovery will be although slow but most of the functions may be restored. In addition, it is essential to know that risk of stroke recurrence may be reduced such as by quitting smoking and controlling blood pressure. Hope this helps.