Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45k Members

jaw and gum pain

I have had jaw pain and deep gum pain on and off for many years and I feel like I clench at night as my jaw muscles are really tight and sore when I wake.  I have had sore gums deep within and terrible receeding problems on my gums.  There has been a mention from a dentist that it may be herpes simplex irritating the nerves in the gums/jaw.  Does anyone have anything like this or any information to help.  Thanks.  I have no outbrakes of the usual herpes sores but rececently I have had a small lot of tiny pimply rash bits in between my eyebrows and down the left side near my nose and mouth.  I never imagined it ever had anything to do with nerves or herpes.
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Your Herpes history should be co-related with the pain in the jaw.
If you have pain in the jaw before the Herpes infection then it was a different problem.
Herpes once infected remains dormant and causes infection whenever the immunity status of the individual falls below normal.(conditions like pregnancy, child birth etc)
You have to visit a neurologist for the best possible diagnosis for your treatment!

Take care!
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483811956
ON
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease