Neurology Community
45k Members

jaw and gum pain

I have had jaw pain and deep gum pain on and off for many years and I feel like I clench at night as my jaw muscles are really tight and sore when I wake.  I have had sore gums deep within and terrible receeding problems on my gums.  There has been a mention from a dentist that it may be herpes simplex irritating the nerves in the gums/jaw.  Does anyone have anything like this or any information to help.  Thanks.  I have no outbrakes of the usual herpes sores but rececently I have had a small lot of tiny pimply rash bits in between my eyebrows and down the left side near my nose and mouth.  I never imagined it ever had anything to do with nerves or herpes.
Your Herpes history should be co-related with the pain in the jaw.
If you have pain in the jaw before the Herpes infection then it was a different problem.
Herpes once infected remains dormant and causes infection whenever the immunity status of the individual falls below normal.(conditions like pregnancy, child birth etc)
You have to visit a neurologist for the best possible diagnosis for your treatment!

Take care!