Neurology Community

mild stroke

My mom is 58 she suffered a heart attck & she had water filled in her lungs so she was put on a ventilator with 4 1\2 days of complete sedation. then they wanted to wein her of the vent so they stopped sedation but today more then 60hrs are over but she is still semi consious so they did a CT scan & it showed as a mild stroke. My question is that does the stroke effect the consiounes & if yes then how can it be solved

Thanks & regards
Hello.

Semi-conscious states are observed in a stroke following a cardiac failure. And the additional effect of the sedatives is also there. It takes about 7 days for the medicines to get cleared from the body completely.

Watch for her improvement and inform the doctor as soon as any worsening in consciousness is observed.

I hope for her speedy recovery.

Regards