Neurology Community

ms paula

my husband has claudication and his taking medication for a resent stroke he had he is now having lots of small red marks under his skin they look like blood trapped under the skin any they appear quite allot for no reason, i am worried about them he also is not eating and has become very thin can you help me ??
Hi there!

The red marks could be a side effect of the medications prescribed for stroke prevention. If the marks are uniformly spread over the body, a visit to the ER would be suggested to check for bleeding/ clotting parameters; while if these are occasional and small, a visit to his treating doctor may be considered for a review in his medications.
Hope the information is helpful.

Take care!