Neurology Community
45k Members

multiple hypoplastic vessels

At age 45 (no other health concerns) I have had a brief episode of balance loss and a 5 min TIA with loss of left eye vision (two separate events).  MRI reports suggest hypoplastic right vetebral artery, hypoplstic right communicating and absent (?hypoplastic)A1 part of anterior cerebral artery.  Does have multiple hypoplastic vessels raise any concern?  Beyond aspirin and exercise are there any precautions I should be aware of.  (I understand none of this explains the actual possible TIA based on circulation - still undergoing cardiac work up).
Welcome to the forum.  It sounds like you are just in the beginning stages of being worked up.  Are you seeing both a Neurosurgeon and a Cardiologist?

I strongly recommend that the 2 MD's communicate with each other and keep you in the loop...even if you have to tell them to talk to each other.  Yes, Hypoplastic vessels in the brain is not normal nor is having a TIA.  A TIA is a precursor to a stroke.  Besides taking aspirin, what else did the doctor tell you?  If you are unsure, call him and ask him.

Keep us informed.  Also get copies of your diagnostic tests for your records (tell the doctors you want a copy sent or faxed to you).