Neurology Community
45k Members

nervous tongue

I have had problems with constantly wanting to move my tongue and globus sensation that began after a tooth extraction 2 years ago. Also have had herpes simplex and shingles. Had severe facial pain (left upper jaw and cheek) at same time as shingles, but the blisters were on my bra line.
Could my tongue/globus problems be from the virus?
Hi burda,
Yes your tongue and globus problem can be an association to a Herpes simplex. Concurrent infection causes immunodeficiency/nutritional deficiency which can cause ulcers in oral cavity. Fever, sore throat, pharyngeal edema and erythema; small vesicles develop on pharyngeal and oral mucosa, rapidly ulcerate and increase in number to involve soft palate, buccal mucosa, tongue, floor of mouth, and often lips and cheeks; tender gums may bleed; fetid breath, cervical adenopathy; fever, general toxicity, poor oral intake, and drooling contribute to dehydration.