Neurology Community

orthostatic tremor caused by celiac?

My brother and I both have orthostatic tremors (diagnosed). I have read that it's not hereditary?
I also saw in a post that there was a case report of celiac disease as a cause of the OT.
Celiac disease is hereditary, as i understand.
I'm looking for a reference to the case report of the OT caused by celiac.
Thank you.
hi bracina.
Primary OT (Orthostatic tremor) is a  rare movement disorder where rapid tremors occur in the legs when standing and this disorder occurs on its own and is not associated with any condition or disease, where as secondary OT is associated with some cause (like Coeliac disease).
But to qualify it as a coeliac disease you need to be suffering from glutein sensitivity.About which you have not at all mentioned as this condition is detected in childhood.
So i think you are suffering from Primary orthostatic Tremor.
i hope you got my point?
if still you have doubts, please feel free to contact me,
regards
abhijeet