Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45k Members

pain, paresthesia

I have been having generalized joint aches and now have numbness under my left great toe and part of the ball of my foot.  It also seems as though I have "restless leg" issues at night.  Recently, I have noticed an increase in lower leg and pedal edema (mild, but slightly pitting if I'm up all day on my feet).  I have cervical disc problems and a type of trigeminal neuralgia and take Neurontin.  I also take metoprolol for WPW (only 12.5mg daily).  The only other med is Provigil to help counteract the tiredness I get from Neurontin.  My doctor suggested Mobic but I haven't had any relief from the joint pain or the strange paresthesia on the bottom of my foot.  Any suggestions?  (Thank you)
1 Responses
Hi Ellysue,
How old are you?
Since when are you having cardiac problem? How long have you been taking cardiac medicines?
When was the last time you got evaluated for cardiac disorder?
I was concerned about swelling which you are noticing and also the pitting character.
Usually pitting oedema suggests either it is due to venous obstruction, e.g. deep vein thrombosis or congestive heart failure or due to varicose veins.
The nerve to supply to great toe and ball of foot is through L4-S1, which originates from lower back.
Any pathology involving your lower back can cause such pathology.
Have you been evaluated for Diabetes?
Keep me informed.
Bye.
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483811956
ON
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease