Neurology Community
45k Members

pain in right side of body

I have pain in my right side of my body and its from 2-3 years. It starts from right side of my neck and ends at toe. i also have pain in right hand . in starting it was in last three fingers now its in thumb. i feel pain starting from neck and to right arm, back, leg. sometime i feel numbness in right side of my head. this pain is deadly. and there is something like swelling at various part of body like neck,shoulder , back, leg, foot also. i was gone through TB treatment and Hepatitis-B treatment but now its more then one year.. i just want to no what iam suffering through.. is it some serious disease?

This discussion is related to Pain on right side - head to toe.
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems.  One possibility of pain in one half of body is a nerve compression high up in the cervical region. Poor posture while sleeping, sitting on computers or jobs for a long time, uneven bed, exposure of back to cold air while sleeping can cause a discomfort for a few days.  Take a multivitamin, plenty of fluids, and an OTC analgesic. Apply a local analgesic and apply a heating pad and see if it helps. If this does not help, consult a neurologist. You may need MRI to chck if there is TB of spine or disc hernation or osteoarthritis.
Also, please get your blood pressure checked. Pain in one half of the body can also be due to fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, severe anemia, ankylosing spondylitis, osteoarthritic changes of the vertebrae, calcium deficiency, low Vit D, electrolyte disturbance, peripheral neuropathy due to diabetes or hypothyroidism or Lyme or lupus. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
thanks alot :) yeah i feel more pain when i sit near AC