A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45.3k Members
9129326 tn?1401849971

peripheral neuropathy,RLS,inability to take medicine

I've been diagnosed with diabetic peripheral neuropathy,pernicious anemia,Graves disease and until recently I'd been treated with fentanyl patches,morphine sulfate(breakthrough),diazepam.Now,the VA pain doctor refuses to believe me.14+ y I've taken the same medicine,without asking for increase ,yet,because the pain doctor doesn't care for me,(personal mutual disdain) all my medicine is being terminated.I've had an EMG verification of peripheral neuropathy.With Hyperparathyroidsm the bone pain can hurt to the degree it wakes me.I'm 3yrs post hip fx. Have fallen 3x and in last year sciatic type pain to toes from hip,(spasms in ft cause toes to pull downwards)Dr won't allow second opinion,even primary care doctor asked to send me to civilian pain doctor,he was refused also.what can I do.my quality of life is going in the toilet.I can't get anyone at the VA to listen.I don't smoke,drink alcohol never taken street drugs.The medicine offered are N-said,(I have CHF-Tylenol,was od'd by hospital nurse,needed antidote-drugs with gabba tightens throat) so what works is being terminated,now I get nothing.
0 Responses
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease