pins and needles developing into prickling and stinging

I am a 52 year old male with good general health and appropriate weight-height ratio. However, a worrying new condition has developed since last 6 months. Any physical activity that warms up muscles, be it walking, climbing, lifting or even sneezing and laughing triggers pins and needles all over my body. Slightest hint of anxiety, stale air, warm air, the Sun, hot bath, humidity.. you name it. Pins and needles turn into massive sensations of crawling and prickling and unless I stop and cool myself the skin flares up in tiny red spots with unbearable nettle burning sensation. My GP (family doctor) is trying antihistamines and I am also trying acupuncture with no avail so far. My quality of life has suffered and I am practically home bound. I wonder if these are symptoms of allergy or something more serious and sinister that needs immediate treatment?
Check you blood pressure and also blood sugar and blood haemoglobin. If all of these are normal and you do not respond to anti histamines visit a neurologist for examination. Take care!

Read your post and I have similar symptoms. I did not find neurologist of nay help at all. all bloods normal - have you been tested for Lyme disease ?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community