Neurology Community

please help me somebody!!

my boyfriend has over the past year or so occasionally gets a numb feeling in his face and his right arm. tonight he has it and he couldn't talk hardly at all. it was freaky, i am very worried he is only 26 years old he smokes heavily and doesn't have the healthiest diet and neither do i. what should we do? he has went to the dr. before and they didn't want to help him cause he has poor insurance. please anything would be helpful.

peace chippery
Look this could be classic symptoms of a stroke is he overweight? Does he have a family history of heart attack or stroke? Numbness and or a drooping lip are signs of a stroke, does his lip droop does he loose his ability to speak including slurred speech? He needs to see a Cardiolologist and soon. If you lack insurance go to the closest ER preferably a teaching hospital. I don't want to scare you but he needs to get help and soon.