Neurology Community
45.2k Members
1024150 tn?1251777624

please help me somebody!!

my boyfriend has over the past year or so occasionally gets a numb feeling in his face and his right arm. tonight he has it and he couldn't talk hardly at all. it was freaky, i am very worried he is only 26 years old he smokes heavily and doesn't have the healthiest diet and neither do i. what should we do? he has went to the dr. before and they didn't want to help him cause he has poor insurance. please anything would be helpful.

peace chippery
1 Responses
Avatar universal
Look this could be classic symptoms of a stroke is he overweight? Does he have a family history of heart attack or stroke? Numbness and or a drooping lip are signs of a stroke, does his lip droop does he loose his ability to speak including slurred speech? He needs to see a Cardiolologist and soon. If you lack insurance go to the closest ER preferably a teaching hospital. I don't want to scare you but he needs to get help and soon.
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease