Neurology Community

post-op chiari decomp surgery exercises

I had 2 surgeries ( spinal and cerrebellum decomp.) in Jan. 08. for Chiari Malformation 1.The surgery went well, the recovery was slow but positive other than mentalling challenging. I had Physical Rehab for walking and now I go 1x week for mobility for my neck. Everything has been going well until the last session....I have been in major pain, headaches, vomitting ...
I am sore where they fused my spine to my skull. I am afraid the therapy was to aggressive near that site ??? or am I being paranoid ??? I feel like I am going back to recovery...
Scared and frustrated..Anybody's experience similar??
Hi Mindy,

I just had chiari PFD as well.....I did not have the PT tho.....everyone is different.U may find more replies in the chiari forum here on MedHelp.

I am wondering if u have a CSF leak......did u have staples or stitches.
Where did u have the surgery...did u get a patch, if so what type??

I hope to see u in the chiari forum.

CL of chiari forum