Neurology Community
45k Members

prolonged diplopia

Hello!

I am a 27 y.o. male, developed strabismus and subsequent binocular double vision. Strabismus lasted about 2 years without me noticing until I developed diplopia which I also noticed not immediately -- after about 1 year.

I saw the ophtalmologist and the results are:

Diplopia, eye movements 100%, left eye looks a bit inwards. Diplopia does not depend on the direction of gaze. Can focus for a short duration after that lose focus and relapse into double vision.

Other info to consider: No other symptoms, work a lot with the computer.

Awaiting MRI which will be only in a week. I am quite scared as to what to expect since my symptoms seem quite unique. Does it look like a tumor or MS? Can it be a result of my sight gone wrong? (L: -4 R:-3.5 -- dropped by 1 and 0.5 ober the span of 2 years. I kept wearing very old glasses: -2.25, -2.50)

Thank you.