Neurology Community
45k Members

question about my sister no one is telling me anything i am scared

my sister is in coma her blood pressures are staying low she recently had a tracheotomy and was put into a nursing home and they tried to ween her off her ventilator they said she also has pneumonia. what could have caused the coma she was doing fine until she all the sudden went into coma.
Hi there. The various possible causes of coma in your sister are, epilepsy or exposure to heat stroke or hypothermia, hypo or hyperglycemia, uremia or renal failure, trauma or head injury, stroke, psychosis etc. speak with your sister’s intensivist who would be able to tell more about the exact cause of coma in her, if it has been diagnosed. The hypotension could be due to vasomotor collapse or the centres in brain stem getting affected or circulatory shock or septicemia. All the best.