Neurology Community
45k Members

restless leg syn

I have been suffering for over a year and getting progressively worse.  I hate going to the doctor but now I see that I have to do something.  I thought this was all in my imagination......simple stress but after reading this site I see that I am not alone.  The pain/cramping is torture at night.  Now it has moved into my hands.  I need somebody to talk to..... I am scared.
I think this website has an RLS forum now.  Also there are a couple other websites devoted solely to RLS.  I have it, the severe and painful kind, 24/7.  I am treated with opiates, and there are several other drugs for the condition, so visiting a doctor is a good idea, to not only give you medication, but also to rule out another nerve disorder or circulation problem.