seizure

i had a clonic-tonic seizure about 3 weeks ago. i was put on keppra and now am having a lot of confusion and am very tired and extremely moody. is this related to the seizure and or the medication?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi there, the various side effects with keppra or levetiracetam are dizziness, irritability, tiredness, fatigue, severe allergic reactions, extreme dizziness, drowsiness, weakness or tiredness, memory loss, behavior changes like aggression, panic attacks, restlessness, new or worsening seizures etc. in the period immediately after a seizure attack, it could be the post ictal phase or confusion. Consult your neurologist for your evaluation and change of anti epileptic medication. Hope this helps. Take care.
Helpful - 0
I found similar symptoms with this drug too Heidi. I was put on it after having one (believed to be generalized focal seizure??) after a brain aneurysm. To be honest, I chose to take my chances off this medication as I was finding it was making me feel really depressed. Discuss it with yr GP and see if theres any alternative? Or maybe u need the dosage adjusting? Good luck
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community