Neurology Community

seizure

hi, good day.

Just now, we sent my husband to hospital due to sudden convulsion (i cant explain what is it) which happens during the time he sleeping. This was the first time he had experienced this kind of attack. During his CT scan neurologist told me that they saw "something"/"some changes" on the result.So another CT scan done using this "contrast".and the DR. advised to have it MRI.Now my husband is in ICU for observation. Now i wanna ask if is MRI advisable?Why this attack happen all of the sudden.Since we dont have any history of this kind of illnes.this was his first time be hospitalized.Thank you in anticipation.Is this situation needs surgery?i hope not.

thank you so much.
Hi, relax, let the report of MRI suggest something. Some kind of lesions in brain can not be clearly defined with CT hence MRI is done to get to the diagnosis.

As far as cause of seizure is concerned, there can be some space occupying lesion in brain pressing upon brain structures, cyst, granuloma, tumor etc. Most of these problems are treatable without surgery.

Any history of fever, headache, vomiting?