Neurology Community

skin burning/numbness

I was playing with my dog the other day while making a bed and got on my knee on the sheet and felt a sudden burning sensation while on my knee. I thought I received something similar to a rug burn and didn't think anything of it. This happened 3 weeks ago. Since then, I have had continued pain and numbness on the right side of my knee. No feeling when I touch it but a stinging and burning sensation if I try to get on my knee at any time. Sometimes it burns for no reason when just sitting. I'm confused as to what could cause this.

Thanks for writing in.
There is a possibility of knee injury and nerve damage. The other possibility is peripheral neuropathy due to diabetes or B12 deficiency.
I would suggest you to take rest and apply ice packs on the affected knee and take oral antiinflammatories like Motrin. Hopefully your symptoms will resolve in the next few days.
Take care!