Neurology Community
45k Members

stroke-like symptoms

I have very painful tingling down the entire left side of my body, plus twitching, and the left side of my face droops.  It looks as though I'm having a stroke but I'm not.  I also have a lot of pressure and pain in the back of my head and left eye. I had a brain MRI with and w/ out contrast and and EEG, which came back clean.  I think my doctors have given up, but I cannot live like this.  I have to finish college, but getting out of bed is a huge struggle some days. I am 22 caucasion female.  please help
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Aside central neurological causes, possibilities that may need to be considered include epilepsy, neuro-muscular causes such as neuropathies, myopathies, muscle degeneration, infections affecting the neuromuscular system, micronutrient deficiencies, heavy metal poisoning etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an internist initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!