Neurology Forum

stroke

Posted By Lizabeth on December 28, 1998 at 12:05:08:

First I would like to thank you for your reply to my message of 12/21/98.  You said that there were some gaps in my message, I will try to fill those in.  My mom did have a hemorrhagic stroke on the same side as her surgery.  My mom was not prone to headaches,  her headache was a frontal headache so intense that she stayed in bed after she came home from the hospital.  My dad took her back to the hospital because her headache wouldn't stop and the next morning she had a stroke.  She had to have brain surgery to remove the blood and she almost died.  I am not sure what an infarct is,  and what is a hemorrhagic transformation could you explain it to me?  Her head hurt for the whole time after her surgery and it just seems to me the doctors should have found out why her head was hurting.  Is there anything that can  be done to make her better? Thank you. Lizabeth Campbell
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease