symptomatic arachnoid cyst

My 19 YO nephew has been diagnosed with an arachnoid cyst.  For the last year, he has had severe nausea and vomiting which still persists.  He has facial drooping, tingling and numbess of his face and upper extremities, and headaches.  Since being diagnosed with this he has been given the run around by all physicians (neurologists, neurosurgeons, etc).  He has been put on Neurontin by the neurologist but it has not improved any of the symptoms.  I am looking for an expert in this field not just any neurosurgeon.  Does not matter where they are in the country.  Can anyone help????
Hi there!

Well, without knowing the relevant clinical details or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. Most arachnoid cysts are often asymptomatic and hence the presence of symptoms does not definitely make it a likely cause where other possibilities of the symptoms may need to be considered as well. If the cysts is believed to be a likely cause it would need to be surgically removed and medications are unlikely to help in the situation. I would suggest considering a detailed evaluation by a neurologist for an accurate diagnosis of the symptoms and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!