Neurology Community

thinning of my right hand

I am male aged 51 years - I have been experiencing triggering at the back of my hand (palm) and my right hand bicep, and slowly my the back of my hand i.e back of my palm is becoming thin, the flesh between my right hand index finger and thumb is slowly getting vanished and bones can be seen prominently, my right hand right from the neck till the end of my middle finger is itching and discomfort can be felt, and slowly I am losing wieght for no reason, in 4 months I have lost 15 kgs.
My Doctor said that there is elelctric passes through a vein is distrupted, i am a bit afraid that I may lose my hand or this may be related to heart disease, please let me know why this happening and what treatment I shoul take.
Thanking You,
Your Really Worried

Thanks for writing in.

The condition described by you seems to be a case of muscular atrophy of the hand and upper limb muscles. This is seen is many neurological disorders like amyotrophic lateral sclerosis , monomelic amyotrophy (MMA) or juvenile distal spinal muscular atrophy and other neurological conditions.

Monomelic amyotrophy (MMA) is a benign motor neuron disorder. This may result in chronic weakness and wasting of the upper limb muscles. The diagnosis is by imaging techniques such as CT/MRI/EMG, biochemical tests, nerve conduction studies.
I would suggest that you consult a neurologist for complete investigation and management.

Take care