Neurology Community

weird feeling/sight when driving

This started a few months back for me when driving on the highway it would appear that the distant road ahead of me looked to be slightly going down.... almost like I was on a small hill, heading down. It also feels like the car is stationary and everything is coming toward me.... like an old style video game from the 80's. It all starts when I zone out kind of.... which I have no control over. This happens on all roads for me now. Anyone ever experienced or heard of this?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to the ‘mirage’ effect, in which light rays are bent to produce a displaced image of distant objects or the sky. Problems with sensory perception can also occur with parietal lobe lesions. So, if your symptoms are persistent or troublesome, consult your doctor for an evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.