Neurology Forum

weird symptoms

I've waited so long to post a question and now I don't even know where to begin.  I have SO MANY weird symptoms.  I will try to remember them all.  Sometimes I have them at the same time and sometimes not.  I will go weeks with the symptoms and then weeks without them, but they ALWAYS return.  I don't know if they are related; hopefully, you can help me with that.  I think it's best for me to just list them.  Here goes:  Sharp pains in my head, burning and tingling in my head, pain in the upper neck/bottom of head, constant dizziness even when sitting or lying down, sometimes my lips feel as though they are drawing up, my hands are numb EVERY MORNING when I wake up and seem to feel 3 times their size(goes away after a few minutes), have had numbing/tingling in all parts of my body at one time or another (including my tongue), I have a head tremor, sometimes my legs feel very heavy as if they were filled up with cement.  I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting and I'll be mad when I remember.  I HAVE been to Neurologists and I can't seem to get ANY of them to do ANY test on me.  They ALL say it's just anxiety.  I have a cousin with MS.  Could these be MS symptoms.  I also have a great grandmother with Parkinsons Disease, although, I don't think I have any of those symptoms other than the head tremor which I'm told is usually the last symptom to appear.  I realize you can't diagnose without examining me and I realize I have many crazy things going on, but I would love to get your opinion on what this could be.  Sorry this is so long.  Thank you in advance.
Sorry to hear about your symptoms.  From your description, it doesn't sound like the symptoms are from parkinson's nor do they appear to be characteristic of MS, although it could still be a possibility. A formal neurological exam that shows objective findings consistent with weakness or sensory changes as well as any other clinical deficit would help point towards an appropriate diagnostic workup. You may be experiencing atypical headaches/migraines which could potentially be treated if properly worked up, side effects of any medication that you may be on, or stress. It's hard to say without examining you. If there are truly "crazy things going on", these symptoms may represent your body's reaction to the emotional stress. Good luck
If you ever find out what's going on with your body, please let me know as I have almost the exact same symptoms.  I have numbness/tingling sensations, muscle twitching, heavy legs, etc. etc.  I take Celexa for anxiety, but that is not the cause...my neurologist even agreed with me on that level (thank goodness).  I have had two negative brain MRI's, a thoracic spine MRI that was negative, and numerous blood tests that are negative, showing nothing out of the ordinary, other than I am slightly anemic, so I take iron supplements.  I have yet another appt. with my neuro this week, and I'm hoping I can get an EMG test done, or something.  I too, have a cousin with MS.  Being female and 28 yrs. old, I feel like I'm about 80!
Dear abcsoup:  I'm sorry you have the same symptoms I do, but I'm glad I'm not alone.  I was beginning to thing I was nuts!  I don't understand why the doctor's wont do any test on me.  Maybe, it's because they are military doctors.  My husband is in the Navy.  I just don't know what to do anymore.  I'm 29 and feel 80, as you do.  I do seem to feel better when I exercise on a regular basis, but with two children that's hard to do.  I try to make time for it though.  Please, let me know what you find out at your next appointment and I'll let you know if I find out anything.  You can e-mail me at ***@****, if you'd like.  Thanks for your reply.  It really helps :o)
About anxiety...I  think alot of MDs will tell you that your going through anxiety...I have had a few MDs tell me my problems were only anxiety. It wasn't until my back went out a few years ago (I could NOT walk) and I had a MRI done and just recently, after being rear ended and had another MRI....both showed bugling disk in different places...that my MDs can NO longer say "anxiety". But before tge more serious symptoms showed up...all I heard was anxiety...anxiety...anxiety. I had to set this very straigth with my neuro and TOLD him MY SYMPTOMS were causing the anxiety.

Many people do suffer from anxiety, but MDs shouldn't shurg off symptom without testing. I suggest to all three of you to insist that test be done. I went for years with symptoms that could of been treated sooner before my disks became a major problem. If disks are bugling and they aren't treated, they can herniate and all hell can happen. If you have neuro symptoms that are not getting better in a few eeks, INSIST on tests. Keep a log of everything you experience and when and were you experience them and share this with your MDs.
Thanks for your advice Nick.  Yes, the symptoms have gone on way longer than a few weeks.  It's more like YEARS!!!!!  I'm in England right now and will be relocating back to the States this summer.  Maybe, I will have better luck with the docs over there.  Thanks again!
You probably will have more luck in the States the docs over here (Britain) are sometimes years behind the states I wish I could go over to US to be seen!
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease