Neurology Community

what does this mean?

I was referred to a neurologist by my gp after my right eyelid started to droop sometimes, and then the pupil in that eye dilated for about an hour and a half one evening. I had an MRI done and the neurologist said that the MRI was normal, but ordered an MRA. They told me that the MRA revealed a "very small irregularity at the tip of my basilar artery", and they have referred me to a neurosurgeon. I can't get into the neurosurgeon for another 10 days, and I am worried sick! What does this MRA finding mean? I am so scared I can't even sleep.
Some problems that affect the cerebral arteries are AVM (arteriovenous malformation), aneurysms and others etc...I would get the actual report or call the doctors office and ask for them to read the report to you.  If you had the technical, medical term as reported by the radiologist you could look it up so you would know at least what you are dealing with.  It would be absolute torture to have to wait 10 days to see the surgeon.  I would think they would at least give you a hint about what they think it is.  You have a right to the report .  It is your medical record.